silviav8forums.com Forum Index

Hooker S13 & S14 LS Engine Swap Kit
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    silviav8forums.com Forum Index » Hooker/Holley EFI
View previous topic :: View next topic  
95SILVIA14

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me know I can trailer my car up there I'm just right down the rd in nashville.

WWW.NEVERLIFTCHASSISWORKS.COM
Go Hard,While Paying Less.
s14blane

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sent you a pm 95silvia14

brewster240

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DAGeorgie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TO THE S13 owners that got a "s14 mount kit" from hooker.....we all buy now know the mistake from holley/hooker, shit happens! with all the misleading info on the web I can see how it happened. that aside here is a solution to the problem for the s13 owners who don't wanna wait for new mounts and just run the s14 mounts in the s13... get s14 cradle/sub frame and some aftermarket oil pan and I guess your good it will all just work.
TO THOSE THAT PLANNED ON GTO pan and notched cradle....

all you do is make your inserts longer.. how? make new inserts instead of the creative steel ones hooker says to use or make some 1/2 inch spacers..a good half inch. leave your cut line... I made the spacers so they can be placed on top of the poly creative steel inserts. the cleaner way would be make whole new inserts outa 6061 aluminum 3 inch round bar stock. pics will make it clearer as I suck at typing. hope this helps. FYI my car drove great with the spacers added, I drifted the whole weekend no problems. must use 6061 stock 30 bucks a foot on ebay....

doing this will stop your steering rack from hitting the bottom of the gto pan. I took my car back apart to install a remote bleeder as soon as im done ill take some pics of the setup working correctly. hope this helps im still very happy with the hooker set up, great quality great people to deal with. this is a minor bump in there road. I RECOMMEND BUYING HOOKER MOUNTS AND HEADERS GREAT QUALITY AND PRICE!!!

cscofield28

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's going on with these updated mounts for s13 owners? Have been waiting for awhile now and estimated completion date was 2/15 acording to you guys. Just like an update please!! I'm ready to start swapping!

toddoky
Level Up
Level Up

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To all who may be waiting for an update...although the CAD models and pre-production prototypes have been done since the middle of last month, it took a while to find a car (Bowling Green is not a huge city or a mecca for 240 LS swaps) on which to validate the design geometry. A car was just received at Holley yesterday afternoon so validation work will be completed this week and finalized drawings and CAD models will be used to begin production; normal production lead time for these types of products is 3-4 weeks. We appreciate everyone's patience and look forward to getting these out in time for this year's spring swap thrashing being undertaken by a lot of you.

cscofield28

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

toddoky wrote:
To all who may be waiting for an update...although the CAD models and pre-production prototypes have been done since the middle of last month, it took a while to find a car (Bowling Green is not a huge city or a mecca for 240 LS swaps) on which to validate the design geometry. A car was just received at Holley yesterday afternoon so validation work will be completed this week and finalized drawings and CAD models will be used to begin production; normal production lead time for these types of products is 3-4 weeks. We appreciate everyone's patience and look forward to getting these out in time for this year's spring swap thrashing being undertaken by a lot of you.

Well that leads to ky next question, once the mounts are being produced how are we going to sober this? Send me new ones with a shipping label to send the old ones back?

toddoky
Level Up
Level Up

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We haven't gotten far enough along in the process to discuss those details yet, but I'm sure it will be something like that.

s14blane

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there guys, I wanted to let you all know that Todd has finished his test fit of our new S13 specific mount plates and that it was successful.

I am now going to post the photos for you all to see it in an actual S13 for proof....LOL!

Passenger side mount with S13 mounts and Hooker headers installed:

Drivers side "":

Pass. side S13 specific mount with solid Creative Steel Bushing:

Drivers side "":

View from the front with Canton pan installed:

View from trans bellhousing forward:

Trans mount view:

View from trans mount toward front of car:

I will have more information very shortly
regarding timeframe of availability and how to warranty out/replace kits for those that ended up with the S14 and need S13 specific mounts.

Thanks for being understanding on this guys/gals. We understand the frustration that can easily result from ended up with an incorrect part and have are doing everything we can to make it right in the shortest amount of time possible.

DAGeorgie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^ thanks blane^^^ sweet

Last edited by DAGeorgie on Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:56 am; edited 1 time in total
DAGeorgie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

toddoky wrote:
We haven't gotten far enough along in the process to discuss those details yet, but I'm sure it will be something like that.

thanks todd, its sucks but honestly its only 250? but I get where people are coming from its a lot I guess, im just gonna buy a second set. send me a coupon! lol im just gonna v8 a s14 too. I have the mounts! I just got my hooker headers also great stuff!

cscofield28

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How's the production on s13 mounts coming?

toddoky
Level Up
Level Up

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are getting closer as I see the kit has completely passed the required documentation process here and is officially in the system with parts on order from the supplier. They make quite a few parts for us, so I'm not sure where these parts are relative to their production schedule. The official on the shelf date in slated as April 15th, but parts have been know to be delivered earlier than scheduled before, so the best we can do is keep our fingers crossed for an early delivery.

Thanks to all for your patience,

Todd

cscofield28

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aright sounds good man, I may just keep the s14 mounts and buy an s13 set as well, that's mainly what I'm waiting on to begin the swap. They should be the same price right?

toddoky
Level Up
Level Up

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, price will be the same.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    silviav8forums.com Forum Index » Hooker/Holley EFI All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 11 of 13

Jump to: