silviav8forums.com Forum Index

Hooker S13 & S14 LS Engine Swap Kit
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Post new topic   Reply to topic    silviav8forums.com Forum Index » Hooker/Holley EFI
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rawkus16v

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big shout out to the guys from Holley that sorted out my mount replacement all the way in South Africa. Truly excellent service from them going the extra mile.. thanks guys.

s14blane

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad we could get you squared away Rawkus!

s13v85.3

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi guys,

I am new to the form and just need to clarify something up. Me and buddy are each building a s13 and s14 5.3 lm7. We have ordered the s13 and s14 Hooker mounts but in the work shop i think we might of gotten the mouts mixed up. In each box there is one mount that is a different size than the other (so in fact the one mount is higher than the other side). Is it meant to be that way or is there some way to tell the s13/s14 mounts apart . I am almost positive i haven't mixed them but it seems strange and the instructions don't say anything about the mounts being higher or lower on one side.

toddoky
Level Up
Level Up

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

s13v85.3 wrote:
hi guys,

I am new to the form and just need to clarify something up. Me and buddy are each building a s13 and s14 5.3 lm7. We have ordered the s13 and s14 Hooker mounts but in the work shop i think we might of gotten the mouts mixed up. In each box there is one mount that is a different size than the other (so in fact the one mount is higher than the other side). Is it meant to be that way or is there some way to tell the s13/s14 mounts apart . I am almost positive i haven't mixed them but it seems strange and the instructions don't say anything about the mounts being higher or lower on one side.

The geometry is intentionally asymmetric as you describe to center the engine/transmission in the chassis. You can easily differentiate between the S13 and S14 mounts by the laser cut profile of the flat base plates of each mount...the base plates of the S13 mounts have slots cut for the bolt that installs under the stand-off bracket, whereas the S14 base plates have holes in the same position.

s13v85.3

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks, i can see the difference now.. but how do you tell which one goes on the passenger and driver side? i dont see any markings and the instruction dont say.

801nissan07

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey guys new here and about to buy hooker mounts and a canton pan so i can set my 5.3 in and looking for some feedback on the solid bushings or if im better off getting the poly mounts

thegr8one013

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went with poly mounts. Heat wrap whatever headers u go with. The passenger hooked header is very close to the mount

s14blane

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the late response there @801nissan07 but I've had the poly mounts in my car since the kit was developed for it and they are just in as great a condition as when I put them in.

Just pulled the engine out and inspected them in the process just the other day.

I do not have any heat wrap on my headers whatsoever. Hasn't been an issue.

I'd go with poly as well, unless you are building a racecar and don't care about the vibration being transferred into the chassis.

Good luck!

Howling Mad

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will the factory sway bar fit with these mount and canton oil pan? Also what style t56 is needed for the shifter to fit in the correct location? Thanks

burgessn

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:16 pm    Post subject: mounts Reply with quote

does anyone know the dimensions that the lower mounts need to be. I want to make some out of steel instead of using the poly mounts from creativesteel.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    silviav8forums.com Forum Index » Hooker/Holley EFI All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
Page 13 of 13

Jump to: