silviav8forums.com Forum Index

S13 Silvia LS1 swap in Australia - FIRST START ON PAGE 3!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    silviav8forums.com Forum Index » Build Threads
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shaggyjake
Level Up
Level Up

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sick build. So what happened with that supercharger!?!

Beelzeboss

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Supercharger is still in the garage, very possibly still happening but I'm now leaning towards turbo because I can make a much more stealth installation so as not to attract any more attention than it already does... though I wish I could have that blower sticking out the bonnet!

Many updates since I last said anything about the car, but I'll try to blast through them.

Driveshaft broke from the raw power of this monster (and my crappy 1.6mm wall 2.5" driveshaft Razz )

Made a new single 3" exhaust with two proper chambered and glass packed mufflers. Sounds great, unfortunately I don't have any pics of it but just picture a really nice stainless exhaust.

Then the car drove all the way to Griffith with no issues!

Then a mate gave me an alright condition boot, I welded up the holes and bought a rocket bunny ducktail for the car. I've always loved these things so I took the plunge and sikaflexed it onto my new boot.

(it's sitting on top of my home-built and designed CNC plasma cutting machine, but that's another topic for another day)

Then my girlfriend finally convinced me that after all this time I needed a grill... so I bought a light bar Razz

You may notice at this point I was sanding the car down for paint... Last Friday it came to a head when I stripped the car down

Bought some paint...

And went to town on the shell

Tomorrow (Sunday) I plan on painting (or at least primer-ing) the rest of the panels and getting it all back together next week.

rigid

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That color is 1000x better than the green.

thelander
Lv1 Member
Lv1 Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What rigid said.

multiColSilvia

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im starting an LS1 conversion also, I see this radiator has both inlet and outlet on the same (right) side, where do I get one like that?
All the ones I see online are one high left and one low right, so I would need a longish hose going all the way across from right to left of engine to reach
Rolling Eyes

multiColSilvia

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like its a radiator for SR18DE engine configuration, anyone around to confirm that?

Beelzeboss

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CA18 S13 or R32 radiator. This is an r32 one which is about 20mm higher than the ca18 one

dcskinx

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ran a CA18 S13 alloy rad in my s14, fit very well and stays nice and cool.

kerolah

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey mate, not sure if your still around, Just wondering how much do you think you spent in AUD to get it engineered and regod? debating whether i go full track car or try get it regod.

And where did you get your pinout for your chassis, im not sure if its the same as the KA LHD. let me know.

Cheers mate great build and some good tips.

Beelzeboss

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

$1200 to get it engineered, standard rego costs.

Cant remember where I got the wiring stuff, it was so long ago, I think I still have it somewhere on my old computer. Let me have a look.

I've pretty much decided to sell the car now though, it's just not fast enough to be exciting, not comfortable enough to be nice to drive, not good handling enough to be fun, and doesn't give enough of a sensation of speed to be entertaining on the street.

Basically it would be fun on the race track but I get next to nothing out of it on the road. I'd rather drive my MX5.

multiColSilvia

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My similar silvia conversion is almost finished,

needs a tune and a few odds and ends, do you still have this car? it would be interesting to compare.

Some differences to yours are:
a mild cam, ported heads, larger valves, extractors, actual cold air intake, (sorry but I would call your intake a heat exchanger, all that aluminium conducting the radiator heat into your manifold Sad), cruise control

Beelzeboss

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

multiColSilvia wrote:
My similar silvia conversion is almost finished,

needs a tune and a few odds and ends, do you still have this car? it would be interesting to compare.

Some differences to yours are:
a mild cam, ported heads, larger valves, extractors, actual cold air intake, (sorry but I would call your intake a heat exchanger, all that aluminium conducting the radiator heat into your manifold Sad), cruise control

Cool, I have a mild cam too, though.
And the intake feeds very cold air, I can log the intake air temperatures with HP Tuners and it's never gone more than 1 degree above ambient. There is just way too much air flow through the pipe to get any significant heat input into it.
I know a lot about heat exchangers having studied them at uni, a 4" aluminium intake pipe is not heating the intake charge in any significant way.

Painted the bonnet, bumpers and around the flares.

^ that stuff on the bonnet is just dust from sitting overnight, I'll get a pic later once the car's been washed

You can see here the colour fail because the shell is painted over a darker base than the rest of the panels (thanks paint guy for not telling me its super critical to have a uniform colour base for this paint)

I'll be changing the exhaust tonight and then putting the car up for sale.

If I don't get any bites then I'll look at repainting the shell so it's all matching, but I have a lead on a buyer who wants to paint the car silver so I'll approach him first before doing anything.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    silviav8forums.com Forum Index » Build Threads All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: