silviav8forums.com Forum Index

Hooker S13/S14 Mild & Stainless Steel LS Engine Swap Hea
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    silviav8forums.com Forum Index » Hooker/Holley EFI
View previous topic :: View next topic  
s14blane

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 11:15 am    Post subject: Hooker S13/S14 Mild & Stainless Steel LS Engine Swap Hea Reply with quote

UPDATE as of 7/6/2012: Mild steel headers are in stock and shipping now! Mounts from our other page are also in stock and shipping!

The part # for the stainless steel header set is 8101-7HKR for those interested in ordering that particular part.

UPDATE as of 6/11/2012: SUGGESTED RETAIL PRICES FOR MILD STEEL HEADERS ARE UP! Also edited release date on headers below.

PAINTED: $549.00

BLACK/SILVER CERAMIC: $699.00

STAINLESS: $995.95

UPDATE as of 5/14/2012: RELEASE DATES FOR MILD STEEL HEADERS ARE UP: As of today the mild steel variants of S13/S14 LS Swap headers will be available for purchase through distribution as of the first of July 2012.

As for the Stainless steel versions I will update this same thread as information comes to me.

As I mentioned in the initial swap kit thread, below are the soon to be released LS swap headers from Hooker that we are have engineered for the S13 and S14 platforms.

They will be available in three formats: Stainless (w/CAD designed one piece collectors, investment flanges and collector spears), black painted mild steel (w/conventional collectors, spears and flanges), and ceramic coated mild steel (w/conventional collectors, spears and flanges) which are pictured below.

While there are a few swap headers on the market for these platforms currently, Hooker is bringing several new features to the game with our proprietary investment cast flanges, collectors, and collector spears. While these features are only on the stainless version of the LS swap header, the mild steel variants still exhibit excellent quality for any budget taking on this swap.

One feature that both the stainless and mild steel versions of our kit share between them are TIG welded flat flanges.

So far we have tested our headers with the Sikky mount kit and are happy to say that they work with any of the components from that kit. That is a benefit to those who don't want to use a GTO oil pan, need a driveshaft for their swap, or want to retain their sway bar in the front (highly recommended).

We are aware that many are not a fan of the 3 bolt flange and have designed our headers accordingly. Finalized production has been such that our headers can be used with another product we are on the fence about releasing. They can easily accept a V-band clamp of the appropriate size if you want to go that route.

If you have a question, by all means pm me or post on to this thread.

Pricing will be released closer to the time of the release so stay tuned for that. I just wanted to get this announcement out so that those of you planning your swaps could see what was on the way.

CAD designed investment cast flanges (stainless only) not only offer a great look but boast optimized gasket seal.

CAD/CFD designed one piece formed 3-inch merge collectors sustain velocity and attenuate turbulence for a better flow path (stainless steel features shown).

CAD/CFD designed investment cast collector spears promote velocity and attenuates turbulence for a better flow path (stainless steel features shown).

These 1 7/8 headers offer optimized bend geometry which equates to great spark plug/wire and steering rack fitment. The coating options ensure a suitable finish for any budget.

Ground clearance is a huge consideration in any car that sees street/track use so these tuck close to the frame rails without introducing horsepower restricting bends into the tubing. This photo is with the headers installed on my S14 which has been lowered approximately 1.75 inches on Stance GR+ Pros so these will definitely have more clearance at a stock ride height.

S13/S14 LS Engine Swap Headers from Hooker (pictured in stainless)-

S13/S14 LS Engine Swap Headers from Hooker (pictured in black painted mild steel)- SUGGESTED RETAIL: $549.00

S13/S14 LS Engine Swap Headers from Hooker (pictured in ceramic coated mild steel)- SUGGESTED RETAIL FOR BLACK/CERAMIC COATED- $699.00.

Last edited by s14blane on Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:39 pm; edited 8 times in total
paNX2K&SE-R

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to see that the headers are Daft compatible as well...

07 Forester XT Sport
99 Miata 10AE #2575
s14blane

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there Matt (I'm guessing from your signature),

I'll get with the guys in engineering and see if they are interested in finding that information out. I will have information on pricing very shortly for everyone here on the forum.

NoClassic

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the projected release date for these items. I have been waiting over a year now for them to begin production on their cast LS manifolds.

s14blane

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there No Classic,

By the way you were talking about the LS Cast Manifolds, it sounds like you are still waiting. Those are actually all available in their various coatings at this point. Wink What are they going on if you don't mind my asking?

As for the ETA on mounts and the headers I was told two weeks and will be adding a more accurate date hopefully today or tomorrow.

I'll add that information to the initial post and will reply to this thread when that information is up.

mobceo

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sweet nice timing

NoClassic

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like you are right about the cast manifolds. I talked to Scoggin Dickey in February and they still did not have the part number in their system.

We were going to use them in an S10 chassis that had an early chevy truck body.

It would be cool if you could test fit the cast manifolds with your S-Chassis mounts. If you have not already.

s14blane

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mobceo wrote:
sweet nice timing

About to take the plunge on a swap mobceo?

s14blane

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NoClassic wrote:
It looks like you are right about the cast manifolds. I talked to Scoggin Dickey in February and they still did not have the part number in their system.

We were going to use them in an S10 chassis that had an early chevy truck body.

It would be cool if you could test fit the cast manifolds with your S-Chassis mounts. If you have not already.

I had those same thoughts initially NoClassic. Unfortunately the steering rack on the S13/S14 would necessitate changes to the design of those manifolds.

NoClassic

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought that may be the case considering their similarity to the camaro/erod manifolds.

jmac636

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much are the Hooker 240sx swap mounts? Those headers are nice for the price. I new eventually someone would come out with some decently priced headers

I found this!

face

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would like to know what kind of stainless these are made of. I had to use some 409 reducers for my y-pipe and the rest was 304. After one winter the 409 looked rusted to shit and the rest was still as nice as it was new. Stupid Canadian winters :\.

s14blane

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem "face",

To be fair that is information that I should've made available from the initial post.

The headers are made of 304SS throughout.

No need to worry about those Canadian winters any longer Smile.

s14blane

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jmac636 wrote:
How much are the Hooker 240sx swap mounts? Those headers are nice for the price. I new eventually someone would come out with some decently priced headers

I found this!

Hey there "jmac636",

The engine mounts still don't have a finalized price yet so bear with me on that. I hope to have that information available to you very shortly as well as pricing on the stainless headers for those interested.

HasNoTiresLeft

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now if only they had some that would fit a 4l60 setup. Curious....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    silviav8forums.com Forum Index » Hooker/Holley EFI All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Jump to: