silviav8forums.com Forum Index

Hooker S13/S14 Mild & Stainless Steel LS Engine Swap Hea
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    silviav8forums.com Forum Index » Hooker/Holley EFI
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blinke
Lv2 Member
Lv2 Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I called Summit personally and they did it. But yeah, I know I'm taking the chance of them not fitting. So if they don't fit, I'll be selling my Daft Kit and going with some Hookers! Laughing Talked to Summit today actually when ordering my Painless harness, and asked about the LS Swap headers, and they said it should be shipping out beginning of next week?? Hopefully!
vr4-kid92
Level Up
Level Up

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any RHD options going to be available?

s14blane

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vr4-kid92 wrote:
Any RHD options going to be available?

Unfortunately note "vr4-kid92", America has a plethora of LHD only 240sx's which is what we designed the kit for specifically. These headers take into account the steering rack being on the LH side of the car and account for the starter on the RH side. This necessitates a different header design for each side, rather than a mirrored copy.

This creates a problem for someone such as yourself with a RHD application and would require extensive modification of the headers to fit.

As for plans for a RHD option, we wouldn't sell near enough to recoup the engineering costs of producing a RHD option.

s14blane

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey everyone,

I had a few moments today to follow through with setting up the Canton pan on the bottom of the spare LS block in the back. I also took the liberty of installing the Hooker mounts along with the subframe you saw pictured above, in addition to our silver ceramic coated headers so you all could get the whole picture of what the Hooker swap parts look like installed on an LS engine without a car hampering your view.

As you can see the Canton pan fits perfectly, similar to the fitment of the Sikky pan.

The only concern that I would mention is that the Canton pan does hang a little lower than the subframe in comparison to the Sikky, a half inch (.5'') to be exact. This is on a subframe that has not been bottomed out on the ground either, so it should be an accurate reflection for those with subframes in good condition.

Canton pan installed along with mounts (the poly here is not representative of what Creative Steel offers. We did not have any of the Creative Steel pieces handy at the time of these photos). Also shown are our Holley LS Valve Covers in Black Krinkle:

Having said all that, this new swap solution should be making more sense to people looking to tackle this awesome engine swap.

Here's the price breakdown to get an LS engine into your car with our Hooker components for less than buying one of the complete kits that you can get from other companies:

Hooker mounts: 249.00
Creative Steel Poly: 169.95
Prothane trans bushing: $22.00
Headers: (black painted): 549.99
Canton Oil pan: $395.00

Total: $1,387.00 (est). and not including tax or shipping.

The only thing you have to sort out yourself is the remote oil mounting for the Canton pan (can't imagine that costing you more than $150.00), which is easily sorted out, as well as getting a custom driveshaft, which can be had for around $200.00 (depending on material used) at many places online, or built for you in most medium sized cities.

If you're looking to do solid mounting rather than poly bushings, Creative Steel also offers aluminum mounts for the $70 than the poly products. Sikky charges 70 more than poly to "upgrade" to the solid mounts. Alternatively you could buy some aluminum bar stock and cut them yourself to spec (following the dimensions included in our mount kit instructions).

Last edited by s14blane on Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
turbociv910

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what part number is the pan

cscofield28

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turbociv910 wrote:
what part number is the pan

15-276 is the part number I found, enjuku has it for $394

bprzybyl

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

s14blane wrote:
The only concern that I would mention is that the Canton pan does hang a little lower than the subframe in comparison to the Sikky, a half inch (.5'') to be exact. This is on a subframe that has not been bottomed out on the ground either, so it should be an accurate reflection for those with subframes in good condition.

Since the Canton pan uses an OEM GTO Oil Pickup Tube (which you do need to buy if you don't use a GTO motor, also a dipstick), that supports some huge post I made a while back about oil pans in that SIKKY's is 1/2" shorter. That would tell me you could probably use Canton's oil pan and then space the engine up 1/2", giving you the same fitment as anyone using a GTO oil pan and modified crossmember.

Thanks for going to the trouble of doing that, it's awesome that this swap can be done so easily and relatively inexpensively now.

Daily Driver 5.3L/4L60E S14 Build Thread
95SILVIA14

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hell u could always cut a 1/2" out of the canton pan depending on baffling and just cut 1/2" out of the pick up to solve the overhang issue.

Edit* just got off the phone with canton talking with them about selling a modified pan thats 1/2" shallower to correct for the over hang on the subframe.

Last edited by 95SILVIA14 on Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
95SILVIA14

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Double post sorry.

s14blane

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bprzybyl wrote:
s14blane wrote:

Since the Canton pan uses an OEM GTO Oil Pickup Tube (which you do need to buy if you don't use a GTO motor, also a dipstick), that supports some huge post I made a while back about oil pans in that SIKKY's is 1/2" shorter. That would tell me you could probably use Canton's oil pan and then space the engine up 1/2", giving you the same fitment as anyone using a GTO oil pan and modified crossmember.

Thanks for going to the trouble of doing that, it's awesome that this swap can be done so easily and relatively inexpensively now.

No problem at all!

s14blane

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

95SILVIA14 wrote:
Hell u could always cut a 1/2" out of the canton pan depending on baffling and just cut 1/2" out of the pick up to solve the overhang issue.

Edit* just got off the phone with canton talking with them about selling a modified pan thats 1/2" shallower to correct for the over hang on the subframe.

What's up Kyle? If you have any more conversations over at Canton, tell them to contact me if they end up considering/following through with a modded version of that pan that sits flush with the factory crossmember. That would allow us to make sure we're on the same page in guaranteeing that any redesign hits the mark in terms of being ABOVE or flush with the crossmember.

cscofield28

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slightly above would be preferable, would it not?

95SILVIA14

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea not a problem. I'm just waiting on there production team to get back with me they said that if not today the will get ahold of me mon. I'll pm you the details as soon as I hear from them. My partner is supposed to be emailing me pics of the mounts. The plus side with ours is that you dont have to drill out the subframe as it uses the m12 on the mount side and m10 on the subframe side.

s14blane

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

95SILVIA14 wrote:
Yea not a problem. I'm just waiting on there production team to get back with me they said that if not today the will get ahold of me mon. I'll pm you the details as soon as I hear from them. My partner is supposed to be emailing me pics of the mounts. The plus side with ours is that you dont have to drill out the subframe as it uses the m12 on the mount side and m10 on the subframe side.

Ah. A minor detail, lol.

95SILVIA14

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea just a ill bit lol plus there less than the creative steel mounts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    silviav8forums.com Forum Index » Hooker/Holley EFI All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10

Jump to: